Most people pick personal loans to fund their expenses. Personal loans are versatile, and you can avail of one offline or online with any bank. Many find it frustrating to wait days to know whether their application is approved. But you can now check your personal loan application status to see its progress. This article will guide you to track the latest status of your loan.
What is the process for tracking loan status for your personal loan?
There are multiple ways you can access your loan application status instantly:
1. Tracking personal loan application status via mobile number
Many banks allow borrowers to track their personal loan application status simply by entering their mobile number. This way, you can receive all the loan-related information on your number. However, remember to update your bank details if you plan to change your contact number.
2. Tracking personal loan application status via reference number
The second option to stay updated with your personal loan application status is through a reference number. A reference number or application number works as a unique identifier. Visit the respective portal of the lending institution and enter your reference number to access the desired information. However, you must keep it handy to check your status.
3. Tracking personal loan application status via net banking
You will find tracking the personal loan application status easier if you are an existing customer of the lending bank. Firstly, banks offer eye-catching terms and conditions to their loyal customers, so you can negotiate and bag better loan terms. In addition, you might already have your account on their banking portal. You can check your personal loan application status by visiting the website and heading to the loans section. You can apply, confirm, verify, or know the loan balance.
4. Tracking personal loan application status offline
While online procedures are encouraged, individuals can use offline means as well. You can ask a bank official to assist you in tracking your personal loan status at any branch nearby. You must mention the application ID the bank gave you when you applied for the loan.
Loan Tracking Process for Banks
Many banks endeavour to streamline the loan application process and provide live status updates to borrowers. Here is the process to track personal loan application status for some of the top banks:
1. Union Bank of India
Union Bank of India facilitates personal loans with digital processing and no paperwork. You can easily track your personal loan application status by following this short process:
- Visit the official website of the Union Bank of India. The home page presents a list of services the bank offers on the right side.
- Select the “Many More” option under the “Apply Online” menu.
- Tap on “Loan Application Status.” It will lead you to a page with an online application tracker.
- Type in your “Acknowledgement Number” in the space provided and hit “Search.”
- Now, you can check the progress of that loan application in the search results.
2. Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Bank provides personal loans at reasonable interest rates to customers and non-customers.
You can track the status of your loan application by following the given steps.
- Open the official website of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- Click on the menu at the top left corner of the page.
- Navigate to the “Service Request” option on the menu bar and select “Loans.”
- Tap on “Track Personal Loan Application Status.” A new page will open.
- Fill in the required details and click on “Check Status.”
3. Punjab National Bank
Many of Punjab National Bank’s personal banking services, like deposits, retail financing, credit cards, and debit cards, are affordable.
You can follow the status of your application to see how it is proceeding if you have applied for a loan here:
- Visit the official page of the Punjab National Bank.
- Select “Online Services” on the home page to open a drop-down menu. Click on “Loan.”
- It will direct you to a new page. Scroll down the webpage and select “Click Here to Check Your Application Status.”
- Next, you have to enter the loan you applied for, your serial number, your date of birth, and the security key.
- Once you’ve filled out the form, click “Submit” to find out the status of your application for a personal loan.
4. IDFC First
If you have applied for a loan through IDFC First, you can check the status of your personal loan using the online client portal:
- Visit the IDFC First Bank’s official website.
- Navigate to the Contact Us section and select “Click here to log in to the customer portal with your user ID and password.”
- Next, input the relevant details to enter the portal. After giving the information, click “Submit.”
- Head to the menu section and select “Products and Services,” then “Check Application Status.”
- Enter your loan details and click “Submit.” You can now check the status of your personal loan.
5. YES Bank
After applying for a personal loan at YES Bank, here’s how you can keep track of its progress:
- Visit the official website of YES Bank.
- Locate the “Contact Us” option and navigate to the “SMS” section.
- Send a message with the syntax “HELP” separated by a space and your registered contact number to +91 92233 90909.
- You will receive a reply from the bank directing you through the entire process.
- Follow the steps precisely to check your personal loan application status.
- The bank will send you a message to access the application status once you give all the relevant details.
The availability of several options to track personal loan application status has made it easy to learn about loan approval. Besides the official banking website, you can get assistance from customer care. Moreover, mobile applications are a great way to track personal loan application status.
However, if it is your first time applying for a loan, it is better to get help from a bank or financial advisor. Piramal Finance offers excellent finance-related services to corporations and individuals seeking assistance or facing issues in banking activities.