Are you somebody who has recently applied for a credit card? If so, it might be natural for you to want to check the status of your application and see the progress. While processes vary from bank to bank, the general steps remain simple and easy to follow.
If you wish to check your credit card application status, you may read further to know your options.
Pre-requisite information to keep handy before checking application status
Before you begin reviewing your application status online, you may want to keep certain information handy to make the process easier:
- The mobile number through which you registered for your credit card (Registered Mobile Number)
- Reference number / Form number / Application number
- PAN card number
- Date of birth
How to Check Credit Card Application Status Online?
The best way to check your credit card application status online is through your bank’s website. It is convenient to check your card status this way since it can be accessed anywhere and anytime. Here are the enlisted steps for you to check the status online.
- Open your bank’s website on your browser, either on your phone or PC
- On the website, you should notice an option that says either ‘Track credit card application’ or ‘Check credit card application’
- Click on the link
- You will be redirected to a page where certain information will be asked of you. This information corresponds to the prerequisites mentioned above that you should keep handy with you (Registered mobile number, application form number, PAN card number, and date of birth)
- Enter the details as required, and click on submit
- You should be able to see the current status of your credit card application now
How to Check Credit Card Application Status Offline
If you do not have access to the internet, you might prefer checking your status through more traditional means. Unlike the online option, you might be unable to avail some offline facilities 24/7. Here is how you can check the status of your credit card application offline:
- By calling the bank’s customer service centre
This is a standard process you can use if you have access to an active mobile network. The customer service number for your bank can be found online or if you have a physical copy of your application form in the corner that mentions the bank information. Here are the steps you can follow to know your application status by calling:
- Dial the bank customer service number
- Follow the instructions as asked
- You might be asked for certain information such as the ones mentioned above (registered mobile number, application form number, date of birth, PAN)
- Provide the respective details, and the customer service executive will inform you of your application status
Calling the bank can also be effective if you have further queries about your application that an executive can answer.
2. By enabling SMS alerts
SMS alerts are a hassle-free process that can be requested when filling out your application form. SMS alerts can be enabled for your registered mobile number. To ensure this service works correctly, please ensure that your registered mobile number has an active SIM that has sufficient balance for sending and receiving messages.
Alternatively, you can SMS your bank using your registered mobile number to know your credit card application status in real-time. This process varies from bank to bank, and these specific instructions can be found on their respective websites. Ensure the correct format is followed while sending a message to the bank.
3. By visiting your bank branch
Since this is the only process out of the other mentioned ones that requires you to visit the bank physically, it has been kept as a last resort. You can choose this option if you do not prefer the online or other offline means.
Visiting your bank’s nearest branch and speaking to your customer executive can help you enquire about your credit card status in real-time. Please keep the necessary information handy, as the customer executive might ask you to share your registered mobile and application numbers.
This process can be helpful if you want certain doubts about the process to be addressed in person.
Understanding your Credit Card Application Status
Now that you have successfully understood your credit card status, here are the possible responses you might have received:
- In-process: This indicates that the bank has received your application and is still processing it. They check the information you have filled out in the form, and upon verification and background check, if approved, the application will move to dispatch.
- Dispatched: Your application has been verified, and your card is on its way.
- On-hold: This means that your application is currently on hold. You might be receiving this message due to any incorrect or incomplete details in your form. However, there is no need to worry as it can be rectified. The bank can reach out to you for any additional information that they would require to process your form and make changes to your application accordingly.
- Disapproved: This indicates that your credit card application has been declined. This could be due to incorrect information in your form or a failure to meet the eligibility criteria.
- No Records: This might come up if you provide incorrect information (your registered mobile number, application number, etc.). This can be fixed by reloading the page and providing the correct details.
Whether online or offline, checking your credit card application is vital once you’ve submitted your details. It gives you an idea of where your application is positioned and informs you of the possibility of receiving your credit card. If you need help, you can always take the help of a financial expert like Piramal Finance. They will suggest what’s best for you and help take care of your personal loan requirements if any.