Are you looking for a secure and profitable investment option? RBI Floating Rate Bond is the right choice for you. This type of bond offered by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) allows investors to earn a high, regular return over the long term.
Investing in RBI Floating Rate Bonds is a great way to diversify your portfolio and enjoy a steady income stream. Investors get a regular return on their investment while enjoying the security of government-backed securities. The bonds have a fixed tenure, and the principal amount is returned at the bond’s maturity. Additionally, interest earned is exempt from tax.
With RBI Floating Rate Bonds, you can rest assured that your hard-earned money is safe. This article will also discuss the features and eligibility criteria for floating-rate bonds. Also, you will learn how you can earn more with RBI floating-rate bonds.
What is a Floating Rate Bond?
A floating rate bond is a type of bond where the interest rate is not fixed but instead fluctuates with the market. The interest rate on these bonds is often tied to an index, such as the prime rate or the London Interbank Offered Rate.
Floating-rate bonds can offer a higher yield than fixed-rate bonds since the interest rate will increase if market rates rise. However, these bonds also carry more risk, as the interest rate will decrease if market rates fall.
Whether or not a floating rate bond is right for you will depend on your investment goals and risk tolerance. A floating rate bond may be a good option if you are looking for a higher yield and are willing to accept the risk of fluctuating interest rates.
What are the features of an RBI Floating Rate Bond?
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issues a floating rate bond with a floating interest rate. This bond interest rate is linked to the repo rate, at which the RBI lends money to banks. The main features of RBI floating rate bonds are as follows:
- The interest rate is based on the repo rate set by the RBI.
- Every six months, the interest rate is reset.
- The bonds have a 7-year tenure.
- The bonds are issued in denominations of Rs. 1000, Rs. 5000, Rs. 10000, and Rs. 50000.
- The bonds are issued in both physical and dematerialized forms.
- The bonds are eligible for statutory liquidity ratio (SLR) inclusion.
- The secondary market does not allow the trading of bonds.
What are the eligibility criteria for investing in RBI Floating Rate Bonds?
The RBI floating rate bonds will have a tenure of 7 years and carry a coupon rate that you will reset semi-annually. The RBI has set the following eligibility criteria for investors who wish to subscribe to the bond:
- You should be a resident Indian.
- Your age should not be less than 18 years, and you should have a bank account with a scheduled commercial bank.
- You should have a dematerialized account with a depository participant.
What are the documents required to buy an RBI Floating Rate Bond?
You should have the following documents while applying for an RBI floating rate bond:
- Firstly, you’ll need a valid PAN card and an Aadhaar card. This requirement is to ensure that you are a legitimate investor in India.
- You’ll also need to provide your bank details, such as a bank passbook or a cancelled cheque. This is for periodic payments and to ensure the safety of your money.
- Finally, you’ll need to fill out the application form and provide proof of income, such as your salary slips or an Income Tax Return. Once you have all the required documents, you are ready to invest.
How can you buy an RBI Floating Rate Bond?
If you want to invest in the RBI Floating Rate Bond (FRB), this guide will help you. Follow the steps mentioned below to buy FRB.
- Fill out an application form to become an RBI bondholder.
- To complete the form, provide details like your name, address, and bank account information. After submitting your application, you’ll have to wait for it to be approved.
- Once approved, you’ll be able to purchase the bonds! You can do this through a bank or a broker.
- When you buy the bonds, you’ll need to specify the amount you want to purchase, the date you want the bonds to mature, and the coupon rate you want to pay.
- Finally, you’ll need to make the payment on your bonds. After the payment has been processed, you’ll receive your bonds, and the interest payments will start accruing.
Why invest in an RBI Floating Rate Bond?
Purchasing an RBI floating rate bond is advantageous for the following reasons:
- The bond is issued by the Reserve Bank of India and carries an interest rate that fluctuates with the market. This means that you can earn more if the interest rate goes up, and you won’t be hit if it goes down.
- The bond provides more liquidity than fixed-term bonds, as you can sell it anytime.
- Another great thing about this bond is that the interest is paid out more frequently than on other bonds. This means that you can get better returns by reinvesting your earnings.
Investing in RBI Floating Rate Bonds can help you earn high regular returns. These bonds are backed by the Reserve Bank of India, meaning your money is secure. Investing in RBI Floating Rate Bonds is the best way to diversify your portfolio and earn high, regular returns.
Piramal Finance is the perfect place to go if you’re looking for great savings and loan offers. They offer a variety of banking and finance products, including an RBI floating rate bond. Further, if you want any information related to any financial product, you can check out the Piramal Housing Finance website. So what are you waiting for? Visit the website today and learn more about the amazing offers available.